Are you looking to work for an outstanding business with a constantly growing, successful team in Greater Manchester?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Java Developer to work for a company that has a great reputation for delivery and technical excellence.
You will be working within a talented and enthusiastic team on exciting new projects.
- Commercial Software Development experience using Java
- Solid database knowledge (SQL and NOSQL)
- Great understanding of computing fundamentals
- Source code version control experience (Git, Subversion or Mercurial)
- Integration and end-to-end automated testing experience.
- Web/App container experience (Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic)
- NoSQL technologies experience (MongoDB, Redis, Riak, Couchbase, Hadoop)
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Xp etc)
- Experience with automated integration testing tools (Selenium, Fitnesse, Cucumber)
Whilst no project, engagement or role is the same, there are core sets of responsibilities for Java Developers that include:
- Project Delivery: the day-to-day responsibility for technical aspects of a project, both internally and at client sites
- Analysis and Design: understanding of both functional and non-functional requirements to produce well designed software, including the ability to communicate your design to others including clients
- Software Development: construction and testing of software components to a high standard within a team
- Quality Assurance: understanding of system test plans and system testing. Eliciting and documenting System Functional and Non-Functional Requirements