Initial Duration: 6 Months
IR35: Out of Scope
The candidate will have an opportunity to work on an interesting greenfield project. Ideally they will have experience implementing AWS cloud native applications on a range of projects, with a proven track record in delivering simple solutions to complex requirements. This will involve deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production systems, to ensure their availability, performance and scalability.
• Actively creating DevOps ways of working by removing silos between traditional functional teams.
• Working alongside other engineers in the industry, providing the code, services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process from the start to the end of the project lifecycle.
• Strong Linux and troubleshooting skills, scripting and automation.
• Two or more years of experience working with Big Data implementation, administration and support
• A minimum of one year experience in the delivery and development of the continuous integration pipeline for the Hadoop stack.
• A minimum of one year working with AWS in production environments
• Experience with Hadoop clusters, HDFS, Spark, Hive, MapReduce, Pig, Zookeeper, Oozie
• Experience in building and managing NoSQL Databases like HBase or Cassandra.
• Experience of at least one configuration management tool e.g.: Puppet, Ansible, Chef.
• Demonstrable experience of infrastructure as code.
• AWS cloud native application delivery
• Good understanding of containers and ECS
• Experience with creating automated build and deployment pipelines
• Strong Terraform skills
• Good understanding of Linux and networking concepts
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate Tech leadership for team of other engineers, whilst being comfortable with hands on work doing the above as well.
• We are looking for extensive experience with a wide range of continuous delivery and DevOps tools, well versed with Terraform and the Hashicorp stack with a deep understanding of containerised applications • Docker/Kubernetes/ECS.
• Experience working as a Linux/Unix system administrator
• Have a keen eye for security and cryptographic concerns.
• A good understanding of using robust Software Engineering best practices/methodologies.
• An understanding of cloud concepts and how to automate the build over specific
• API's within the cloud.
• Good communication skills, both in written and verbal form.
• An appetite to learn and an understanding of new technologies.