Cornerstone Front End Web Developer Spec Hello, we’re Cornerstone We sell our own high-quality range of medical, grooming, wellbeing and dental products on a flexible, regular subscription at cornerstone.co.uk. Having started from our founder’s kitchen table a few years ago with a £5,000 loan, we now have 70,000 subscribers around the UK and a team of 20 in our London HQ. Interview process
● Application with your CV and a brief email introducing yourself and your relevant experience.
● A 2hr task to complete from home ● Phone/Skype interview ● Face-to-face interview with members of the Product & Tech teams ● Face-to-face chat with our founder Ollie
Please note that we will not consider applications without a brief cover letter – we wouldn’t want you to miss out, so do make sure to include a few lines to be considered. On inclusivity We’re building a working environment and recruitment process that is open to all sections of society. We’re committed to providing equal opportunities for employment regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, disability, family structure, socio-economic status, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis (it's the law, but it also matters to us). If you have a disability, caring duties, or any other additional need that require considerations, accommodation or adjustments to our role or recruitment process, please do let us know. And if you have suggestions on how we could improve, we’d really like to hear from you. The role We're looking for someone to join our 7 person strong development team, help us write excellent code, build lots of new features and support our platform through constant growth.
● Develop new user-facing features ● Build reusable code and utilities for future use ● Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX ● Write readable and maintainable code ● Develop scalable solutions ● Review code written by peers ● Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
adjustments on an image ● Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around
them ● Proficient understanding of Git ● Good understanding of Accessibility principles and ensuring that application will adhere
to them ● Ideally UX design experience
Tech stack The role is for front end, working on a client facing web app. The app is divided into a back end that serves a REST api, and a web front end written in JS, using the following tools:
● Node (with ExpressJS) ● React/Redux ● React Router ● Webpack ● Babel
We value and work on a TDD approach, supported by the following tools: ● Jest (unit tests) ● Cypress (integration tests)
We use Mac computers, our stack runs on AWS, we use a continuous integration server with unit tests running before each deployment. We create and review PRs before changes are merged and deployed. Package & Benefits
● Competitive salary ● Company pension ● Company share options ● Flexible working ● Apple laptop ● 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays ● £250 credit per year on our products (free shaving - yay) ● 1 paid day per year to volunteer with a charity of your choice ● Personal learning and development budget of £750 per year ● A great office in London Bridge/ Borough, filled with snacks and drinks ● Shower and a Cycle to Work scheme ● Regular team lunches and fun nights out