Our client offers payroll services to a range of customers including several Central and Local Government bodies.
In their Croydon site they provide payroll services to Local and Central Government and private sector customers including Ministry of Justice, Highways England, Ofqual, ORR, Deloittes and around 100 small private organisations. They use multiple payroll systems and specialise in complex, high value, flexible services.
This role requires a hands‐on approach, whilst providing day‐to‐day support to the client. We therefore require an experienced individual with excellent payroll knowledge who understands the importance of outstanding customer service, and a strong team player.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To process payroll data received from client HR department/line managers
- To answer telephone and email queries from clients, employees and third parties promptly
- To process any changes to payroll which may arise out of queries
- To check data for self and colleagues’ work, providing an audit trail of events
- To ensure that all targets for service delivery are met and where possible exceeded
- Adhere to the Data Protection Act requirements, client confidentiality and the Liberata Policies and Procedures
- Honours confidentiality of employees' pay records
- Identify, investigate, and resolve general pay discrepancies
- Adheres to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
- Assist management with maintaining an up to date and comprehensive guidance notes on various payroll procedures
- Liaise closely with colleagues in the Accounts Department to ensure that monthly reconciliations for budget control purposes are undertaken and preparing journals for any corrections required
- Participate in any projects to develop the payroll processes and database, taking a lead on identifying improvements and playing a key role in implementing any resultant changes.
- Ensure that correct payments, reports and returns are made to HMRC
- The Payroll Administrator will be required to assist the team leader and undertake any other duties appropriate to the role, as required
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise workload
- Self‐dependent ‐ ability to use own initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong IT skills
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Good timekeeping and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Organised, logical and methodical approach.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge
- General Knowledge of PAYE is advantageous.
- Understanding of ongoing legislative changes which affect payroll is desirable
- A proven track record working within a payroll environment
- Zellis (Previously known as Northgate) experience preferred
- Previous experience within a government environment desirable
- 25 days Holiday (excl BH)
- Pension scheme (auto‐enrolment) and life assurance scheme.
- Parking (Allocation upon request & availability)
- Access to Company discounts
- Flexible working hours